Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Archaeology, the Bible's Friend

Arhaeology has been very useful for conservative Bible scholars. Some statements in the Bible were questioned as to their historical accuracy by liberal scholars. Then, years later the statements were confirmed by archaeological finds.

Roger, here is a story that relates to marriage and parenting. It was sent to my by my friend and former co-worker, Dr. Rober Griffin.

"Some years back as a good father, I bought my only daughter a special Barbie Doll House. Sadly (for me) it arrived in 189 plastic pieces. The instructions said that it could be put together in about "30 minutes or less". It took me most of the night and I was blurry-eyed and out-of-sorts on Christmas morning.

"I'm not vindictive, but after it was all put together, I wrote the company a check, cut it into 189 pieces and mailed it off for THEM to put together in 30 minutes or less."

No comments: