Monday, January 5, 2009

End of Course Five Week Five--"Existential"

O.K.

Here was my guess about the meaning of the word "existential."

"Existential--Having to do with existence: looking for meaning only in what one can experience."

Here are definitions gleaned from three different dictionaries that come up when doing a search on Dictionary.com: "pertaining to existence; based on experience; derived from experience or the experience of existence."

Experience and existence did come up within the definitions--so I was close. In the 1970's, however, I was required to do reading that included the term quite a bit. I was curious as to whether my vague recollection would be even close.

Thanks for your insights this week.

You have until midnight tonight to get in your required posts for the week.

You both are doing a great job this term!

No comments: