Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Course 2 Beginning of Week Three

The Blessing of Youth

We had a good service Sunday night. It was youth night. Our young people led the service. One young lady, I think maybe even pre-teen but I hope I did not insult her if she is a teenager, led the singing. She has filled in for us even a few times on Wednesday evenings. Then, one of our teenage young men sang a special. He used to sing solos in church, but I think this was the first time he had done it here. Another of our teenage young ladies read a passage of Scripture. We also had a 14-year-old boy, Colt Dugger, preach for us. It was his first time, and I must say that he did an excellent job. At the end of the service, several responded to the invitation.

I remember, about six years ago (maybe it was only four, but I thought it was six), during Vacation Bible School, Colt came forward to accept Christ as his Savior. Now, what a blessing to see him getting up to proclaim the word of God.

I was curious to see what his reaction to the experience would be. Someone reported that he said it would be "one of many." Thank God for those willing to respond to God's call at an early age.

Please state the names of your book or Course again, and divide the namber of chapter you have left by six. Then list the titles of the chapters you will need to cover this week.

Keep up the good work!

No comments: