Monday, December 8, 2008

End of Course 5 Week 1

I have enjoyed our discussions of the Bible and Poetry. I posted a few comments and questions in your topic areas. Be sure to check them out before going to next week's assignments.

I am going to put up you next week's topic areas today so they will be ready for you tomorrow. Remember posts in those areas will count after midnight tonight (Monday night).

Here are some poetic ideas I borrowed from W.A. Criswell, They do not rhyme, but they seem to be poetic to me. Again, this is my parphase based on his words.

(Speaking of Jesus, and emphasizing the fact that He died on the cross):
The head that was anointed by Mary of Bethany is now perced by a crown of thorns. The ears that heard the great cries of praise during the Triumphal entry are now deaf in death.
The lips that bid little children to come to Him are now silent because Jesus is dead.
That hands that blessed and healed many are now nailed to the cross.
The feet that took him almost everywhere he went, and that walked on water, are now fastened to the cross. For, you see, Jesus is dead.

The ideas go on. I Thinks this is sort of a poetic painting of the picture that Jesus truly died. Criswell goes on to describe the people surrounding the cross.

Then, after that, you can get really excited by talking about the fact that Jesus did not remain in the grave. He is victorious over death. (Hey did you see that parallelism I just used--using two sentences to state the same thing in different ways?)

No comments: