Thursday, March 5, 2009

More Than a Conqueror!

Roger and Tyler talked about the two natures being like two housepets, and that the one you feed the most becomes the bigger of the two.

Sean mentioned and interesting concept: What does it mean to be more than a conqueror? Interesting thought!

I guess you can conquer some things in your life, but what do you do after that? When you get those victories, do you go on to new conquests? Do you use the role of a victor to do something else for God, or do you just sit back and enjoy that victory?

Sean, I would be interested in what some of you came up with in your Sunday School class, or wherever that was discussed. What do some of the rest of you think?

3 comments:

sremery said...

I was talking with a friend that has physical problems. After my surgury and recovery and tests and doctors meetings, I was struggling (and still do from time to time) with why some people get good reports and some not. We was talking about it and he asked what does it mean to be more than a conqueror? I didn't know what to say when he first asked, but as we talked more, I seen it as a verse full of hope. A reminder of the power that we have in us. Like the song at the beginning of Joel Osteen. "You're an overcomer, more than a conqueror". Why do I forget this?

sremery said...

Also, maybe it means we have beaten things tnat we dont even know about. But will see someday.

Dr. Randy Carney said...

Beating things we don't even know about--that is entirely possible. Good insight. I often wonder about the different reprts we get too.